Frequently Asked Questions - LUMA - ENT
- Why did Eyemaginations release LUMA?
- What is an update?
- How often are updates for LUMA released by Eyemaginations?
- Can I add a module to software that I have already purchased?
- What are the System Requirements?
- What if I don't have Internet in my office?
- Does LUMA run on a Mac?
- How is LUMA licensed?
- How many PCs can LUMA be used on with one license?
LUMA was designed with the practice's workflow in mind. We wanted to create an effective and intuitive solution for each portion of the practice. Therefore, we have modules like the Scheduler, to run customized presentations in the reception area according to your set schedule. We also have tools like the Exam Advisor that allow you to quickly zoom in and out of various anatomical views and demonstrate causes, symptoms, progressions and treatments regarding your patient's condition. With the Optical Advisor, you can highlight the benefits of premium lens options, match a patient's lifestyle with visual point-of-view simulations and demonstrate the key features and benefits of each option. To see how else LUMA can benefit your practice, contact an account executive today.
Eyemaginations strives to provide the best possible product to meet your needs. We are constantly making improvements to the software based on client feedback and new ideas. These improvements are released in the form of an update which can be downloaded immediately once the update is available. Updates may include software enhancements and/or new content.
Eyemaginations plans to offer at least two LUMA updates per year. All updates are available for immediate download.
Once you have added the new module to your account in LUMA, simply close LUMA and reopen the LUMA Manager. The Manager will show your full list of modules available for download and installation. Each one is licensed individually and will expire according to the date purchased.
- Windows 7, Windows XP (with Service Pack 3), or Windows Vista
- Dual Core CPU (2GHz or higher recommended)
- 2 GB of RAM
- 6 GB of free disk space on the computer's local hard drive, 12 GB of free disk space during installation
- Adobe AIR runtime (installed with LUMA)
- DirectX 9.0c or higher
- Minimum display resolution set to at least 1280x720, screen colors set to at least High Color 32-bit
- Video card with at least 32 MB of dedicated Video RAM (128 MB or higher recommended)
- Windows compatible audio card and speakers
- Internet connection
We recommend that you contact a local provider about installing service.
LUMA is currently available on Windows XP or higher, and may run on a Mac using Bootcamp, Parallels, or a Windows emulator. However, it is not considered to be a supported product by Eyemaginations so performance cannot be guaranteed.
In order to keep everyone up-to-date with the latest version of the software in an affordable manner, LUMA is licensed on an annual basis. Customers are eligible to receive any updates released within their license period. These updates can be downloaded immediately upon release.
A base license of LUMA includes use on up to ten PCs in multiple office locations such as satellite and home offices. Additional computers may be added at any time in increments of 5.
Need More Help?
- Eyemaginations, Inc.
- 600 Washington Ave.
- Suite 100
- Baltimore, MD 21204
- 877.321.5481 (toll-free)
- 410.321.5481 (int'l)
Fax & Email
- +49.9131.920868.0 (int'l)